The Standard Drumcarder is a workhorse. The diameter of the drum is 10" and the width is 8". The carder clamps to a table and comes already permanently adjusted for you. The carder is designed to accommodate fine to medium fiber lengths. The teeth on the carder are 3/8" deep and a batt of about an ounce can be produced. Color blending can be done with success as well.
- Drum is 8" (19 cm) wide and 10" (26.5 cm) in diameter
- Surface speed ratio is 12:1
- Teeth are spaced at 72 teeth/sq inch
- Teeth are 3/8" deep (11 mm)
- Card approximately 1 ounce (30 grams) per batt
- Weight 16 pounds (7 kg)
- Carding teeth flexible
- No pre-teasing needed
- Table clamps, doffer brush and doffer pin included
The Louet Drumcarders are made of laminated birch and have a hard white coating. In order to ensure a long life, the teeth on all Lou?t carders are made of high grade plated steel wire. All gearboxes (except on the Elite) are enclosed to prevent fibers entering the gear system.
NOTE: Typically Ships in 3-6 Weeks