This is an excellent beginner wheel due to its easy learning ratios, double treadle and affordable price. The double treadle and ball bearings allow for easy treadling and “hands-free” start. Treadles are mounted on polyurethane hinges for a smooth, quiet and comfortable heel-toe action. The stretchy drive cord does not require any adjustment as you change from one ratio to another and always maintains the correct tension. The scotch tension allows easy control of the drafting process. The central flyer is convenient for right and left-handed spinners.
The new Kiwi 3 has folding treadles, timber MDF wheel, three speed whorl and a wooden threading hook!
With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere.
• Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
• Timber MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
• 3 speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
• Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
• Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides and 10mm (⅜ in) orifice
• Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
• Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
• Includes 3 large 130gm (4-5ozs) capacity bobbins
• Built-in Lazy Kate
• Weighs only 5.5kg (12lbs). Choose either natural or smooth lacquer finish
• Wheel diameter 45cm (17½ins)
• Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
The Kiwi Super Flyer comes as a kit and is and super easy to install on any Kiwi. The kit includes everything from the maiden bar up, so you only need to undo one bolt when you want to swap.
The Kiwi Super Flyer has a huge 27mm (1 1/8in) orifice and has awesome new free-flow yarn guides on a sliding hook flyer. (Note - in the tutorial video I say 25mm (1in) this is incorrect, it should have been 27mm). The kit includes 3 super-size bobbins which have a 500gm capacity, so less time changing bobbins and more yarn on the bobbin. Also included is a lazy kate and a new drive belt.
The new Kiwi Super Flyer will fit all Kiwi 2 and Kiwi spinning wheels.
The niddy noddy is a very useful accessory for winding yarn from the spinning wheel bobbin and creating a 1.5m (5ft) skein. Made from turned Silver Beech hard wood the specially shaped crossbars allow the skein (hank) of yarn to slide off easily when made. It is easy to dismantle for storage or transportation.
** THIS ITEM SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER **
This item is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Shipping times may vary and some items may be back-ordered. For the most recent updates on availability and shipping estimates, please contact us prior to placing an order.
** FREE SHIPPING (Continental USA)
** FREE 4oz Fiber Variety Pack
** Layaway Available