This is an excellent beginner wheel due to its easy learning ratios, double treadle and affordable price. The double treadle and ball bearings allow for easy treadling and “hands-free” start. Treadles are mounted on polyurethane hinges for a smooth, quiet and comfortable heel-toe action. The stretchy drive cord does not require any adjustment as you change from one ratio to another and always maintains the correct tension. The scotch tension allows easy control of the drafting process. The central flyer is convenient for right and left-handed spinners.
The new Kiwi 3 has folding treadles, timber MDF wheel, three speed whorl and a wooden threading hook!
With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere.
• Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
• Timber MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
• 3 speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
• Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
• Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides and 10mm (⅜ in) orifice
• Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
• Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
• Includes 3 large 130gm (4-5ozs) capacity bobbins
• Built-in Lazy Kate
• Weighs only 5.5kg (12lbs). Choose either natural or smooth lacquer finish
• Wheel diameter 45cm (17½ins)
• Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
** THIS ITEM SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER **
This item is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Shipping times may vary and some items may be back-ordered. For the most recent updates on availability and shipping estimates, please contact us prior to placing an order.
** FREE SHIPPING (Continental USA)
** FREE 4oz Fiber Variety Pack
** Layaway Available